The weekend.

I have the most wonderful family ever I went down to Ft. Gordon on Thursday night because I needed to get a new Military Id made. I relized that I needed a new one when an accident happend when taking to Curtis to pre-op. So it was a quick pack and down to Augusta Ga with both of the boys. I checked us into a Days Inn and unpacked and made it as homie as possible quickly because that's one thing that helps the boys relax on a trip. They have "home'' while away. So we bedded down and slept me not so soundly never do when I'm alone with the boys in a hotel room by myself it's that over sensative mom thing I think. So we awoke at six am to meet Michael at Ft. G at 7:30am. Goodness knows why the Army thinks everyone should be up at five am. So we get on base and the boys are hungry we stopped at the Huddle House on base and ate walffles. Nick my youngest has this habit these days of running up to random ppl and hug a leg. Well as to leaving the Huddle house Nick ran up to a General with three stars and grabbed his leg both arms with sticky hands. Now for me this was embarassing because I am still unsure of his rank but knew enough to know he was up there in Rank. He was super nice about it even talked to Nick. After that I went to the Solider Service Center aka. Darling Hall to get another Id made.
After finding out I had to go to the MP's (military Police) to get some memo stating the Id had been lost I decided we should wait on Michael to meet us. Finally after a few minutes Michael and his Battle buddy named "meador" walked in. I handed off the boys and went to the Mp station got the memo and came back. The boys were reading maps (lol) so cute. So we all went to the Id place and waited and waited. So we got the Id made and then left. Michael and I not wanting to part so quickly it was eight am. So we kinda hung out in the parking lot talking for an hour. Michael and I argued in a loving way we like to do this. Meador put his two cents worth in and it was a quite enjoyable experiance. We pretty much parted ways for a couple hours the army called them back to military land. we met back up for a few to walk around the px (shopping center) and then the boys being very tired. I took them back to the hotel for naps. Then I decided Chuckie Cheese was a good idea. Don't do this alone with a preschooler and a toddler in a crowded place. We got out of there and back to the room it was bedtime routine and bed. Then at midnight went and got my lovely hubby. The next few days were a blur of love and excitement. I loved watching michael with our boys. It's sunday and it sucks I hate leaving him and I know he hates having to be away from us too.. it's Sunday @ ait military. Pray for our Family.
Posted on 6:48 PM by Amanda and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments:

Post a Comment