Surgery Day!!

Curtis and I woke up at five thirty this morning to go to the hospital. He under went surgery having his tonsils and adnoids removed they also did a light up his nose too look about his eye swelling. Well we got to the hospital and got him all gowned up to chill for about 2 hours watching disney kids shows. He went back with no problem (may I interrupt but my CHILD is SUPPPPER BRAVE). He didn't whimper the first time he was excited about it. Well after about an hour I saw his surgical nurses walking in the hall so I knew he was in Recovery. I went and found his nurse to ask to go back and see him. Apparently this is against the rules of AAMC but, Oh well he's my four year old baby boy and I was going to see him. I wanted him to wake up seeing his mom there not a stranger. So I went back to see him he wasn't awake but, I said Curtis mama's right here and I love you. He woke up looked at me and said my throat hurts... They told me at that point I had to leave him for the rest of recovery. If anyone out there is a mom you know how that ripped my heart out. I assured him the nurse would take really good care of him and bring him to me quickly. She told me if he cried she would bring me straight back to comfort him. He went back to sleep and I left. Waiting pacing the floor telling my mom it sucked to leave him (shedding tears because he's my baby and I wanted to help). He was finally wheeled back in and was awake kinda (still out of it) so we got him to drink and eat a popscicle. He got some pain meds for his throat then it was time to go home. MY mom took him home and i went to get prescriptions filled. I called several times and heard him acting like curtis silly and sweet. I will never be able to tell you how it feels to know your baby is growing up. It's NICE and sad all mixed up. I am so proud of CURTIS. I got home to find him completely full of his little boy energy and asking for snacks (woohooo) I know God takes care of him completely. He does us all but I am expecially grateful to have such an amazing young man. I will add more to the day later but this is just an update.
Posted on 10:38 AM by Amanda and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments:

Post a Comment